Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Post-Flea Market Hangover

So, the flea market was Sunday. I'm still recovering. It was a little intense. My friends and I all agreed that at our tables, which were all the way in the back, the temperature was probably at least 110 degrees, no exaggeration. We stepped out into the 95 degree weather outside, and it felt cool and chilly. The delicate flower that I am, I had a rough time with this.

I guess I'm getting older and not as punk rock as I used to be.  Well, really, I was never very punk rock.  I dabbled for a minute in high school and again in college, but I've really always been an indie rock girl at heart. I'll take Modest Mouse over the Dead Milkmen anyday. But let's get back to the market.

It was hot. It was dirty. It was sweatier and smellier than ever before. Who wants to eat baked goods on such a gross day? Hardly anyone. I've got a lot of cookies left over. But sales were low everywhere because it was too hot to even THINK. Thankfully small children will always want a cookie, no matter what the temperature is, and my wallet thanks their hungry little bellies. A big thank you to the rest of the people who said YES to the Lil' Whoopies and heat be damned.

Let's take a look at everything. (Note: all the desserts you are about to see are vegan)

I was pretty proud of the table display. I thought it looked extra cute.
I had mini-donuts in a couple of different flavors. Plain with glaze or sprinkles. Lemon donut with blueberry glaze. And a donut version of the Casbah cupcake: Cardamom donut, rosewater glaze, dipped in pistachios. Yumskers AND fancy pants.
Zucchini Muffins and Blueberry Muffins
Lots of different cookies. Chocolate Chip. Oatmeal Raisin.
Oatmeal Cream Pies: So much better than Little Debbie's. These sold out first.
Grapefruit Shortbreads. And the Dirty Money cookie, which has oatmeal, banana, coconut, cinnamon and walnuts.
There were some Lil' Whoopie Pies too. Chocolate with vanilla and Chocolate with peanut butter. They were a pretty big hit.
I didn't even realize until I set it all up, but almost everything was mini. Unintentionally ADORABLE. So sue me.
There were so many tables, and the heat made it really hard to stop and look at much. But I ran into blogger friend Angela over at Brave New Baker, and her stuff looked great! I'm a total dummy though, and didn't take any pictures of it. Oh well. Hope you unloaded all of those cupcakes, Angela!

Now that the market's over, I can focus on the next big project: a dessert table for my friend's wedding! More to come on this soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment