Sunday, July 4, 2010

I Survived Muffinpalooza!

Happy Independence Day to all! And welcome, scooter rally peeps! Let's talk muffins.

Ok, so I've been talking about these damn muffins for weeks now. I'm sure you're sick of it. But fear not gentle reader, because today was the big day!

A couple of months ago a friend of a friend contacted me about making muffins for the Hostile City Scooter Club's Philadelphia Independence Day Scooter Rally. She was responsible for breakfast, and thought my blackberry corn muffins looked tasty. I believe my response was something to the effect of "OMG Hell yes! and Thankyouverymuch!"
12 dozen muffins, 4 different varieties, all to be dropped off the morning of the 4th of July. Slightly daunting, but mostly exciting! My first big order! Exclamation points!

The varieties?

Strawberry Rhubarb, also dubbed the Summer Love Muffins. Share one with your sweetie in the morning. (wink, wink.)
Blueberry, which I'm calling the Midnight Murder Muffins. Seriously, the way those berries burst, they look like they didn't make it out of an 80's slasher flick.
Banana Nut, also known as the Nutty Monkey Muffins. Too cute? Probably. Deal with it.
And last but not least, a savory corn muffin with sundried tomatoes and chives. I didn't come up with a cute name for it. Feel free to suggest one.
Scooter enthusiasts, I hope you liked them. I hope you loved them. I hope you NOM NOM NOM'd them all and didn't leave a crumb. Feel free to leave some comments below and let me know just what you thought. Inquiring minds want to know. Also, don't hesitate to follow me on the Facebook or the Twitter. Social Media, ho!

And of course I need to give a big shout out to Ms. Poliana who set it all up. Girl, you rock my face off! Thanks again!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much! The muffins a were awesome and all the scooter peeps loved them! Awesome job, lady! xoxo Heather

    ReplyDelete