Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog, Blog, Blogoversary!


Guys, these last few months have been a little crazy, and I can't believe I've been neglecting you! But I'm back today, because there's some celebrating to do. It's my Blogoversary! A year ago today I decided to start this blog as a way to document my love affair with baking. The blog has grown and changed so much. In that time, I've gone from baking mostly dairy free to mostly vegan, and the results have been quite delicious. My baking went from strong interest to career focus, and I'm still chugging along towards the dream. Thanks so much to everyone that's read along, left comments, and joined me on the ride. Let's take a quick look back, shall we?
There was my venture into the gourmet vegan cupcake world. 
Pies
Pagash! (Pagash, when I go completely vegan, I will miss you most of all)
Donuts
And lots of other deliciousness.  
There's definitely more changes to come, because I've got big plans for the next year. The biggest announcement is that I've decided to go vegan again! I'm giving myself a year, until my 29th birthday, to phase back slowly. My baking has been 100% vegan for a few months now, and my daily eating is around 90% (about once a month I have seafood, honey, or something with eggs in it).
The last time I went vegan, I wasn't very smart about it. This time, I plan on educating myself completely, learning cooking techniques, mastering recipes and making sure I don't fall off the wagon again. I'll be sure to update you on my progress and give recipes along the way. 
I'm also participating in FoodBuzz's Project Food Blog, and will be posting my first entry in the contest later this week. There are judges that vote on which bloggers move forward, but there's also a reader's choice option where fans can vote on their favorite blog. I'll be sure to let you all know how you can vote to keep me in the contest. 
Pretty soon you should see a new logo, a new layout, and a recipe index. I'm also working on posting more regularly, but, y'know, we'll see how that goes!
Just like I always extend my birthday celebrations, I've decided it's only fair to do the same for my blog's birthday. I'll be posting about some of my favorite recipes and products over the next week, and at some point, doing a giveaway! Make sure you stay tuned, and thanks again for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Pagash! I miss you so. Being vegetarian is like being on the West coast: not a pagash to speak of. Most people haven't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This food all looks so great. Hooray for your decision to go vegan! Voted for you too - so happy to see great veggie blogs represented in the PFB competition :)

    ReplyDelete