Monday, March 8, 2010

Lemony Almond Cake

I have to be upfront with you. There's no recipe attached to this post. It's not because I'm holding out on you. And it's not because I'm lazy (though that is always a possibility). It's because this cake is a work in progress. And I'm just not sure that I'm happy with it as it is. I mean, I like it. I might even like like it. But I'm certainly not in love with it. And I definitely would not marry this cake, nor would I have it's little cupcake babies. But with time and patience and some tweaking, I think this cake has potential to be great. After all, it's true that like like can lead to love. 
So why am I posting about it if it's not solid? Well, the pictures are pretty, and I know that's what a lot of you are here for anyway. (Does anyone actually read this stuff? pshhh...) And on Sunday while celebrating two very close friends that recently eloped (those crazy kids!), I managed to pawn off half of this cake on the fellow guests, and thought I'd give a forum for some feedback. I also brought some vegan chocolate peanut butter cups that seemed to be a hit, but we'll talk about that some other time. 
What I can tell you about this cake is that there are lemons in it, there are almonds in it, but there are no dairy or eggs in it. Maybe someday I'll share the recipe. But until then, behold the glory of my [novice attempts at] buttercream roses and marvel at my uneven elegant shell borders. And of course, make sure you always have a happy friday. 

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you have a blog for all of your sweets! You go girl....and no fear Colleen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm trying to hold down my own little plot in the blogosphere. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete